Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Storageworks 3.10 sp4

Highlighted

HP Storageworks 3.10 sp4

Hello, I hope someone can help.
Using HP Storageworks, DAT 72 tapes.
Whenever I try to run a backup job I get the error 1400 or 1401 to do with incorrect media.
I am using Windows 2003 Small Business Server. I have done all of the following but still get the error: Test device, format media, test media & Identify USB tape media.

Please help.

Thanks

Tris
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Storageworks 3.10 sp4

There must be something wrong in the backup job then... anyway try upgrading to 3.5sp2

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1144272&prodNameId=1144275&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=co-58946-1

Then as a test create a new backup and use a blank media. What kind of rotation are you using ?

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Highlighted

I have a similar problem,
My backup jobs worked well until one week.

I have now the 1401 error every night. My job is planned every night at 11.00 PM and there is no rotation.
When I run the job manually, it works. When I run the job automatically (5 minutes after) it works too.

Is it free to upgrade from 3.10sp2 to 3.50sp2? Can we get this version with the old license key?

Thank you

Eric TOULAIN
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Highlighted

Thank you for your help!

I have upgraded to 3.5 SP2 version, but I still have problems...

I still look for a solution...

I am downloading an Hotfix and I'll test the DAT drive...

Eric
Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Hi Tristan:

DPX software is very specific about the tape cartridge it uses for the backup job i.e. the backup software has to have the tape cartridge with the correct label and know the correct location for the tape cartridge.

So instead try allowing DPX software to auto format the tape cartridge for your backup job you are specifying. Also, quick erase the tape cartridge before running the first backup job on the specific tape cartridge. The specific backup job you create will now know the tape cartridge location and the specific label on the tape cartridge once it is written on by your specific backup job.

Dave W.