StoreEver Tape Storage
1752270 Members
4389 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP StorageWorks DAT 72 USB Tape Drive

Reinhard Maier

HP StorageWorks DAT 72 USB Tape Drive

Hallo, habe mir vor Jahren dieses Bandlaufwerk zugelegt. Leider kann ich die Software auf meinen Betriebssystem nicht installieren.
www.reinhardmaier.de/PCHardware.htm
Verwende WinXP Prof64bit.
Wie kann ich die Dateien auf den Bandlaufwerk lesen und speichern. Gibt es Dazu eine kostenlose Software?
Vielen Dank für Eure Hilfe
Reinhard Maier
3 REPLIES 3
Reinhard Maier

Hello, I have years before this tape drive growth. Unfortunately, I can use the software on my operating system will not install.
www.reinhardmaier.de/PCHardware.htm
Use WinXP Prof64bit.
How can I change the files on the tape drive to read and save. Is It a free piece of software?
Thank you for your help
thomas rush
Frequent Advisor

Which backup application?
Best to check that product's web site to see what they say about reading tapes written under a different OS. The change from 32-bit to 64-bit generated file compatibility issues for some backup applications, and the story will be different for each vendor.

Most vendors offer a 30- or 60-day free trial. Perhaps you could temporarily install a 32-bit version of XP or Server 200x on a second machine (plus evaluation copy of the backup application), extract the files, copy them to where they need to go, and then decide on your long-term strategy for 32-bit vs. 64-bit version of the backup application. (If you decide to go with the 64-bit version, you could even use the above strategy to copy key tapes to the 32-bit machine, then back them up with the 64-bit machine in a network backup, I'd think (again, depends on backup application).
André Noordermeer
Frequent Advisor

Bitte folge die erklaring von Thomas.
Wenn's aber überhaupt nichts mehr gibt, dann ist moglichst noch ein versuch zu machen mitt VMware free server.
XP64 is eine gute gastherr dazu und ermöglichst om ihre alto OS zu installieren um wenigstens, die daten herein zu kriegen.
Später bitte neuere generation backup software benützen.
=
Try follow the advice from Thomas, but if nothing works as a last resort you could try install VWware (free server runs beautifully on XP64) and run your old os as a guest. This allows you with luck to get at least all data recovered to the new machine.
After that switch to more modern backup software asap.

Good luck