StoreEver Tape Storage
1753559 Members
5948 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools under Debian?

Christoph Stracke

HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools under Debian?

Hi,

I would like to use the HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools with Debian.
Unfortunately, from the many existing Linuxes only SuSE and RedHat are available in the download-area.
What can I do to get the storage-works program to run under Debian or Ubuntu? What preconditions are required on the system when I try to expand one of the existing rpm's by hand and install it manually?
Changing to another Linux is because of stabilty-reasons not practical, more than ever changing to any version of Windows ...

Thank you very much!
Christoph
2 REPLIES 2
ronnie redd

Re: HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools under Debian?

Did anyone ever answer?
We also have one (msl2024)
I'm currently using ubuntu, mtx, backuppc, and bacula.
I'm curious about hp linux support. If you get ahold of something that only has an rpm, you can usually make it go with the rpm and alien packages for any debian based. system.
Tony Nederpel

Re: HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools under Debian?

I'd also like to see .deb packages with the downloads. We bought HP since is it claimed by them that they support Debian also. Then why not put debian packages under downloads. That is what be the ideal situation to me personally. Or at least put the source code there also in case Alien doesn't seem to install the rpm's properly. In this particular case i am referring to HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools which i need for upgrading firmware on our MSL2024.