Purnelle
Frequent Advisor

HPE Storeopen software - problem while compilation

Hi,

I try to compile LTFS under CentOS 6.

I installed fuse 2.8.6 from source

I installer a glibc 2.17 from source

But :

/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wsign-compare -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/local/fuse-2.8.6/include/fuse -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/include/libxml2 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include -fkeep-inline-functions -rdynamic -I/usr/local/glibc-2.17/include -O0 -ggdb -L/usr/local/fuse-2.8.6/lib -luuid -lxml2 -lpthread -ldl -lm -L/usr/local/lib -licui18n -licuuc -licudata -lpthread -ldl -lm -L/usr/local/glibc-2.17/lib -o ltfs ltfs-main.o ltfs-ltfs_fuse.o libltfs/libltfs.la ../messages/bin_ltfs_dat.o
libtool: link: gcc -std=gnu99 -Wall -Wsign-compare -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/local/fuse-2.8.6/include/fuse -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/include/libxml2 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include -fkeep-inline-functions -rdynamic -I/usr/local/glibc-2.17/include -O0 -ggdb -o .libs/ltfs ltfs-main.o ltfs-ltfs_fuse.o ../messages/bin_ltfs_dat.o -L/usr/local/fuse-2.8.6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/glibc-2.17/lib libltfs/.libs/libltfs.so -luuid -lxml2 -licui18n -licuuc -licudata -lpthread -ldl -lm -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
ltfs-main.o: In function `ltfs_parse_options':
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:446: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_add_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:448: undefined reference to `fuse_main_real'
ltfs-main.o: In function `main':
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:621: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_parse'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:667: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_insert_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:680: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_parse'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:757: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_add_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:767: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_add_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:776: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_add_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:784: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_add_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:818: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_add_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:986: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_free_args'
ltfs-main.o: In function `single_drive_main':
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:1057: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_add_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:1067: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_add_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:1292: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_add_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:1345: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_add_arg'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:1347: undefined reference to `fuse_parse_cmdline'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:1348: undefined reference to `fuse_opt_free_args'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/main.c:1372: undefined reference to `fuse_main_real'
ltfs-ltfs_fuse.o: In function `_ltfs_fuse_attr_to_stat':
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/ltfs_fuse.c:282: undefined reference to `fuse_get_context'
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/ltfs_fuse.c:283: undefined reference to `fuse_get_context'
ltfs-ltfs_fuse.o: In function `ltfs_fuse_fgetattr':
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/ltfs_fuse.c:303: undefined reference to `fuse_get_context'
ltfs-ltfs_fuse.o: In function `ltfs_fuse_getattr':
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/ltfs_fuse.c:329: undefined reference to `fuse_get_context'
ltfs-ltfs_fuse.o: In function `ltfs_fuse_statfs':
/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/ltfs_fuse.c:371: undefined reference to `fuse_get_context'
ltfs-ltfs_fuse.o:/home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src/ltfs_fuse.c:417: more undefined references to `fuse_get_context' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [ltfs] Erreur 1
make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src »
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs/src »
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/secoper/Downloads/trf_corbkp01/ltfs »
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

Where is the problem ?

6 REPLIES 6
Purnelle
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPE Storeopen software - problem while compilation

I cannot use the RPM, reason : dependency problem

Purnelle
Frequent Advisor

think that I found the BUG...

If the lib fuse are not in standard poath, configure will not add -lfuse.

Copy/paste the gcc command and add -lfuse work fine and generate ltfs in .libs.

Now, How to add this in ./confoigure for generate correctly the makefile ?

Purnelle
Frequent Advisor

I modfied the Makefile for add the -lfuse.

Now, how to run ltfs with the dedicated glibc ?

AshrafK
HPE Pro

Please note the StoreOpen Software Support is tested with few operating systems only and among them are Windows Server Operating System, Linux, and Mac OS.

Please refer to the latest BURA Compatibility Matrix for more details. 

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04616269

Note: In the unsupported configuration ( if the problem occurs in the unsupported combination of the operating system, backup software or tape hardware), you might experience unexplained behavior and results. HPE might be unable to provide technical support if you use an unsupported feature or use a feature in an unsupported or undocumented manner.

Ashraf Khan
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Purnelle
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

This tape are working correctly since many years, the tape is not the problem.

The problem is : HPE non offer a ltfS RPM file fully compatibile with CentOS 6.

The software is not usable on CentOS 6.10 as is.

I downloaded IBM SDE and the installation was good, there are one problem, the software not detect my tape, because is HPE tape, so now I looking for replace my HPE tape by a IBM tape...

thank you HPE

AshrafK
HPE Pro

I would agree that might have worked for years this far.  The unsupported configuration at times works without any issues, and then you may encounter unexplained behavior. 

You sure can do replace IBM tape with HPE tape in place. 

However, please do make sure that HPE tape,  HPE tape drive ( with supported drivers and firmware) is configured, and use a supported version of the software listed in the BURA Compatibility Matrix. 

Ashraf Khan
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo