5564 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

iMac not recognizing LTO-7 Ultirum 15000 External Deck

Gnote787
Occasional Visitor

iMac not recognizing LTO-7 Ultirum 15000 External Deck

Hi,

I am trying to connect my LTO-7 Ultirum 15000 External Tape Drive to my iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, Late 2015) macOS Mojave 10.14.5

I am connecting through a HighPoint Rocketstor 6328 via miniSAS to Thunderbolt.

I am having trouble getting my drive recognized in either HPE StoreOpen Standalone.app or in Preroll Post.

Any help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerald

1 REPLY 1
Amarjit_Y
HPE Pro

Re: iMac not recognizing LTO-7 Ultirum 15000 External Deck

Please find the Installation and Configuration Guide for HPE StoreOpen 3.2.1 for Mac OS X
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04998409#N10E11

Instillation Procedure
===================
Determine whether wanting to use precompiled binaries or build own version of the HPE LTFS application. To build own, download and unpack the source tar file and then follow the instructions in ltfs-<version>/doc/BUILDING.macosx.. In this case, user must also obtain and install the OSXFUSE and ICU packages.

NOTE: Only the installations that use HPE supplied binaries are supported.
To use precompiled binaries, download and install file for Mac Os. This file contains the three packages that are necessary for operation: OSXFUSE, ICU, and LTFS.

Install the ICU package first by double-clicking the file ICUFramework-<version>.pkg and following the instructions.

Install the OSXFUSE package in a similar way.

Install the HPE LTFS package by double-clicking the install file and following the instructions.

HPE LTFS is now installed. The installation package also places a “HPE Linear Tape File System” application in your Applications folder which can be used to simplify the tasks of preparing,formatting, and mounting an LTFS volume.

HPE StoreOpen and LTFS: Best practices technical paper with step by step installtion and configuration guide
https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA5-1230ENW.pdf

hope this will helpful .

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee