New Discussion

Installation Issue - Command View TL with Windows 2012 R2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alex Tien
Trusted Contributor

Installation Issue - Command View TL with Windows 2012 R2

Hi,

I'm trying to perform a fresh install of CVTL on Windows 2012 R2.  I've used CVTL 3.8 and 3.9, but both gives this error in the Install log:

creating template1 database in C:/Program Files (x86)/Hewlett-Packard/Command View TL/PostgreSQL/data/base/1 ... The current directory is invalid.

I've attached the Install log.  I would love to raise a case, but I see nowhere I can raise one :(.

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Mr_NKC
Frequent Advisor

Re: Installation Issue - Command View TL with Windows 2012 R2

Hi there, you might want to review the following links to ensure you're following the correct installation procedure. 

HP Command View v.3.9 for Tape Libraries SMI-S Provider Installation Instructions

HP StoreEver Command View for Tape Libraries Version 3.9.00 and Interface Manager Firmware Version I274 Release Notes

HP StoreEver Interface Manager and Command View for Tape Libraries Version 3.9.00 User Guide

HP StorageWorks in a Command View for Tape Libraries (CVTL) v.3.9 Environment Release Notes

If none of the above helps, then you may raise a support case using the link below:

Submit and Manage a support case (for business customers with a valid warranty)

Regards,
NKC

I work for HP

If this post is helpful, thank me by clicking on the KUDOS! "White Thumbs Up" below
Alex Tien
Trusted Contributor

Thanks.

Just to note, I successfully installed it on another Windows 2008 R2 server yesterday.  So, it looks like something is not working well with W2012 R2.

Alex Tien
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi,

I've identified the issue.  The installer put it's files in C:\Windows\Temp, which, for some reason, was not giving *full* access (maybe something with the OS image I have).

I reset the C:\Windows\Temp directory to give everybody full control on folders, files, and subfolder, and now the install succeeds.

Thanks to Process Monitor for identifying the issue :).