1752579 Members
4611 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: installing Data protector on cluster won't do cluster aware install

Wieger van der Burgt
Occasional Advisor

installing Data protector on cluster won't do cluster aware install

Hello, When i try to install data protector on my cluster it wont do a cluster aware install. i have everything i need and i use remote desktop of the cluster ip but it won't install it as a cluster aware install who can help?
7 REPLIES 7
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Data Protector Express is not cluster aware.

Data Protector 6.0 is but it requires you to manually and independently install onto each member of the cluster.

What specific problems are you having and maybe we can find someone in the forim to help?

Dave L

Wieger van der Burgt
Occasional Advisor

it is data protector 6.
Wieger van der Burgt
Occasional Advisor

should i use DP 5.5 in stead?
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Both DP 5.5 and 6.0 should work with clusters. I'm not a cluster expert but here is some informaiton I hope might help.

You didn't mention which operating system you were working with. I have attached a whitepaper that discusses Windows 2003 clusters and DP 5.5. The information should also apply to DP 6.0.

Dave L
Ivor Beelders

Dave L / Wieger,

I am installing the HP Data Protector agent 6.0 on an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster. After speaking with the HP support people, I managed to install the backup agents on the cluster without issue. The problem I am experiencing now is that the Cell Manager will not import the cluster. If you've seen this issue or can point me in the right direction, I'll appreciate it greatly.

Thanks in advance.

Ivor B
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

There is a forum available specifically for DP 5/6 questions. The moderators there can give more assistance.

It is available at http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=251&admit=109447626+1199465124747+28353475

DL
mychai

hi,
in order to install the data protector cluster aware, you require to install the Data Protector agent into each individual client directly.Please do not using push install method.