StoreEver Tape Storage
1751858 Members
5758 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: loading media problem.....

amrut karke

loading media problem.....

i have compaq 40/80 GB DLT external storage device.when i sheduled any backup process,my inventry process and detection of disk media shows ok but when the job crossed time it comtinously shows me LOADING MEDIA....status and my job remains as same as it is...it not shows any competion or failure of job.my compaq device shows orange light continously after insertion of media disk... can u help me for this...my os is win 2000...thnx.Rgrds...
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Amrut,

it seems that the Revisions for the DLT Tape Drive requires Update.

With this Please find the instructions to update the revisions for the Tape Drive.

(File Attached)

Attachement to update the Firmware.

amrut karke

Hi...KALIDOSS

thank you very much for your kind suggestion.i have downloaded your pdf file...i will try all the steps what u have instructed...if it will complete properly..i will reply u again...plus i have post my same problem again with some more clues and more clearly...I will be glad if u take a look at it once....Thanks and regards...

Hi Amrut,

Yes i did checked that post as well. Since the Tape and cleaning Light stays On even after cleaning the Drive, we will first try to update the drivers and the Firmware for the Drive and let us run the tape tools to check for any error message.

Please update me once you carried out the instructions with the logs to analyse.

Kalidoss