1748224 Members
4462 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Logical remove drive from MSL2024

Martien Korenblom
Frequent Advisor

Logical remove drive from MSL2024

How do I logically remove a drive from an MSL2024?

The OCP say its 'RMVD', web also and LTT says it's missing a drive.

Cause of this problem is a wrong placement, it shouldn't have been there in the first place :).

User/Service guide talks about replacement but not about removal. Nothing found in web interface to remove the drive etc.

Can anybody help??
I don't have a solution, but I admire the problem
3 REPLIES 3
CLin_1
Regular Advisor

Hi,

This is the instruction from the OCP:

Powering a drive on or off
Use this option to power a drive on or off without interrupting power to the rest of the device and the second drive. This is typically used when replacing one drive in a two-drive configuration. Access to this feature requires the administrator password.
To power on or off the drive or drives:
1.From the Home screen, press Previous or Next until the screen displays Support.Press Enter to select.
2.Press Previous or Next until the screen displays Power On/Off Drives.Press Enter to select.
3.Enter the administrator password, if prompted.
4.Press Previous or Next until the screen displays the drive you need to power on or off. The screen displays Drive 1. The second line in the display reads either Power On or Power Off.
5.To change the power status, press Enter. The screen displays either Press Enter to Power off DRV 1, or Press Enter to Power on DRV 1.Press Enter to select.

From the web interface, you can go to "Configuration" tab and then "drive"
Martien Korenblom
Frequent Advisor

The complete MSL was powered off when the unit was removed, so the poweroff from the OCP wasn't necessary, I guess.
Martien Korenblom
Frequent Advisor

Solutions was to do a 'Reset Default Settings' via the OCP, which resets partitioning, drive information etc.
Luckily it does not reset the names and network configuration....