Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTFScopy (Tape-to-Tape)between two different maker's LTO drives

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

LTFScopy (Tape-to-Tape)between two different maker's LTO drives

tape.png

Hi,

HP StoreOpen StandAlone LTFS  manual says as followng. 

"Q:Does HPE StoreOpen Standalone support non-HPEdevices? A:Although the application may recognize and work with LTO drives from othermanufacturers, Hewlett Packard Enterprise is only able to support use with HPE StoreEver LTO-5, LTO-6, and LTO-7 drives." 

But in my own experience,
HPE storeOpen standalone  application(HPE_StoreOpen_Standalone_3.3.0_WINx64_Z7550-02285) doesn't recognize and work with LTO6 drives from other manufacturers.

IBM LTFS SW(IBM_LTFS_SDE_2.4.0.1.10062_x64)  also  recognizes and works with only IBM LTO6 devices.

1)Is there any LTFS app that recognizes and works with both IBM and HP equipment at the same time?

2)How to make a  LTFS copy(Tape-to-Tape) between HP LTO6 drive and IBM LTO6 drive?

Is there any LTFS SW or backup SW  that can do this job?

Thanks in advance

-Using tape drive as LTFS format

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HPE Pro

Re: LTFScopy (Tape-to-Tape)between two different maker's LTO drives

Hi,

Best practices for StoreOpen / LTFS is - https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA5-1230ENW&cc=us&lc=en

1) Is there any LTFS app that recognizes and works with both IBM and HP equipment at the same time?  
From what i know only HPE drives are supported. Release notes of Storeopen software -
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1009214665&swItemId=MTX_0dfcf01aa9aa441d84101f79b1&swEnvOid=4184#tab2

2) How to make a  LTFS copy(Tape-to-Tape) between HP LTO6 drive and IBM LTO6 drive?
Not a software that i'm aware of, however, the one option is to use utility to copy data to a host and then copy it to desired location.

If it helps please notify us.

Regards,
Anitha S
I am a HPE employee

Accept or Kudo