cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTO 4 Firmware Downgrade password

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

LTO 4 Firmware Downgrade password

I wish to downgrade the firmware on an LTO4-SCSI HH drive to use in an Overland Neo 400s and therefore require a Factory password for the LTT software The LTO Serial Number is Confidential Info Erased. Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: LTO 4 Firmware Downgrade password

So you have a HP MSL G3 LTO4 drive now and you want to convert to a Overland drive?

if so its not as easy as that and i dont think they did a scsi lto4 in a Neo400s

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I have been supplied with an HP LTO-4 SCSI (HH) Model Number BRSLA-0704-DC to replace a faulty unit in an Overland 400s with a model number on the case of AW179A.

The drive shows as wrong type in the Overland Library interface but passes all the L&TT tests.

I need an L&TT Factory password to perform a firmare downgrade on this drive in order to match it to the firmare version on the Overland Library unit.

I have raised an HPE support call but with no results so far

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

the drive wouldnt take the Overland firmware anyway or it shouldnt as they personality of the drive should be differant and can only be changed inhouse.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor

If this is a HP(E) drive a downgrade (why???) with HPE firmware might work.

AFAIR current LLT versions allow a downgrade without a password. Latest version is 4.25.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!