StoreEver Tape Storage
1753311 Members
6747 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL 2024 constantly loding/unloading and scanning.

Pilbara TAFE I.T.

MSL 2024 constantly loding/unloading and scanning.

Hi guys,

We have got a brand new MSL 2024(FC) and it constantly keeps loading and unloading tapes, continually scanning and moving tapes, and keeps ging me the "IR: drive media removal prevented by host" error.

I have updated to the latest firmware, our tapes do not have barcodes on them and i have told the unit to ignore barcodes. also disabled 12 of the 24 slots. I'm using DP6.00a and have set the Library mode to Random. Mailslot disabled, auto clean disabled, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.
2 REPLIES 2
Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

This error could be due to multiple hosts or applications trying to control the library.

If you are using Windows, Check if the RSM is disabled properly. If you are using Windows 2003, this KB article will give you a lot of information regarding this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842411

check if there is any other backup applications running on the host where this library is connected. Stop the services of all other backup applications except DP and then try

Check if there is any monitoring tool trying to access the library

hope this helps

Raj
Pilbara TAFE I.T.

RSM is disabled on my host server. Also did the registry edits in that KB page. Still no change. What else can i try?