1752675 Members
5602 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL 4048

Gary Knichel

MSL 4048

We have a MSL4048 library that seems to freeze up completely when doing the Full weekend backup jobs. The front panel on the library doesn't respond and I have to unplug it and then power it back up again. It only does this on weekends. Any ideas???
3 REPLIES 3
meloni
Honored Contributor

I had some cases where due to some monitoring software browsing the LAN, the MSL G3 libraries shows that symtome.
In order to see if you are facing this problem, try to disconnect the RMI (LAN cable) and power cycle the unit, this will clear the internal memory.
Run now your backups and if it will not hang anymore, you know what you should work on your LAN to fix the problem because something is doing strange things with devices connected.
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

What version of library firmware are you running? There have been some procedures put in the firmware to handle network issues.
Shanda Ford

I am having the same network issues. I have updated the firmware to 6.7 and the device still freezes once in a while.