1753599 Members
6475 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSL drive bay cover

Dr_Sigmund
Occasional Contributor

MSL drive bay cover

Can anybody please tell me a part number for half-height drive bay cover used on MSL 2024/4048/8096 etc.?

I have MSL2024 library which came with two drives preinstalled, so there were no covers. I want to remove one of them and close bay with a cover, but can't find it's PN for order. Attempt to speak with local HP office was not successful.

5 REPLIES 5
thomasr
Respected Contributor

That's apparently not an orderable part.

If you can send me your physical address and contact info to thomas.rush     at     hp.com ,

I can get one sent out to you.

I'm sorry it wasn't easier than this for you.

--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
AnVal
Occasional Advisor

I have a similar problem. It still doesn't seem to exist as orderable spare part, even though for a long time upgrade to LTO-6 was only possible as HH.

Is there any way to obtain these drive covers? Call the factory? Something, anything? We need 2 covers...

seth.pickett

Hello,

You can email me a ship to address and I can send you some covers.

seth.pickett@hp.com

Thanks,

Seth

Dr_Sigmund
Occasional Contributor

Is that still possible to get a drive bay cover via postal? I've tried sending a message to Seth Pickett, but her address doesn't exist anymore - probably he/she has left the company.

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

The email address not working anymore is due to the tape products now being part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise which uses hpe.com email addresses.

Seth is still with Hewlett Packard Enterprise however he has moved to another role and would no longer be the right person to contact.  Please send your information to me and I will get it to the right person.

You can easily create my email address by using my user name and changing it to: <firstname>.<lastname>@hpe.com.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo