1752794 Members
5766 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL2024 448 Library Error - ME: invalid cartridge

Sandy_last1
Occasional Contributor

MSL2024 448 Library Error - ME: invalid cartridge

i am using Arcserve 11.5sp3 for backups and all of a sudden today i get this error
09.03.19 23:57:41.54 Library Error - ME: invalid cartridge
09.03.20 00:00:31.46 Attention: Drive Warn or Crit Tape Alert flag
Number: 0x09, 9
Drive number: 0x02, 2
Tape Alert Flag: 0x04, 4
i tried to load 5 different tapes in different slots but same error. ihave upgraded the f/w to 4.40 but the error is still comming..
i also cleaned both the drives
does anybody have any ideas why this could happen?
Thanks!!
4 REPLIES 4
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Re: MSL2024 448 Library Error - ME: invalid cartridge

What media are you using? Also what drivers for tape drive media changer and HBA are you using?

please attacht a support ticket
Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

TapeAlert flag 4 is a critical media error indicating that the tape drive (drive 2 in this case) can no longer read or write from that tape. If it happens with multiple tapes and cleaning the drive doesn't resolve the problem you have had a drive failure. Run L&TT and the drive assessment test and see what it says.

You say that you have two drives. Have you tried the tapes on the other drive?

FW 4.40 is only library controller firmware so it wouldn't help with drive read/write problems.
Anish_A-Dollar

Hi,

Im currently experiencing the same problems as specified in the beginning post.  I have tried numerous different types of media and still ahd the same results.

I have just checked the LTT software and i can see that only one drive is reported available.  The second drive is not even mentioned.  

Does this mean that i have had a drive failure?  The item is now out of warranty, so waht would be the procedure to get this resolved?

Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

hi Anish,

you have mentioned that one drive is coming up in L&TT, is this the one with issues or the other one? It must be the drive reporting the errors and if i am correct, power cycle the complete library so the drives will come up. Once they come up, run L&TT, try to run a LTO assesment test on both the drives with a new or known good media. The test reslut will give you an indication about the health of the hardware. Based on that you can dicide how to proceed.

You can still contact HP and they will do the needful with the respective charges as applicable locally.

Hope this helps