1748066 Members
5500 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL2024 firmware upgrade mail slot problem

Leszek Bania

MSL2024 firmware upgrade mail slot problem

Hi
I have upgraded MSL2024 to new firmware 3.40.
After the upgrade i can see that slot 1 (which was mail slot), slot5 and slot9 have status "no access". i can not use tapes in these slots. The library is set to "no mailslot". when i enable mail slot configuration all these slots have mail slot name. The wright configuration is Slot1-Mailslot.
How to fix this problem.
5 REPLIES 5
Pablo Siles

Try going into Operator Control panel CONFIGURATION>>RESTORE Defaults. This option returns the Library to its original shipping configuration,it might change the admin password to null.
Leszek Bania

I have tried everything. Return to 3.30 firmware and older that upgrade but nothing help. The thing is this has happend then i have upgraded my MSL2024 960 SCSI to 3.40 firmware. Slot 1,5,9 are displated as Mail Slots. I have only one mail slot so i`m nut sure what kind of configuaration is this. If i disable the mailslot config these slots have status Not Accessable and tape is not visible in the slot. When i disable slot config and set 24 tapes config seems ok but then i restart the library old configuration is back and i have 3 slots as unaccessable. Does anyone have similar problem ?
steffen victori

I've the same problem here.
Did you get an solution for this?

regards
Leszek Bania

I have called HP Support they have replace the library with the new one
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

configure RMI (Remote Manager Interface) there is a way there to disable the mail slot and have as many active slots as you want.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles