7278 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

MSL2024 Library Ultrium drive detected but do not work in veritas 11d

Chandrap
Occasional Contributor

MSL2024 Library Ultrium drive detected but do not work in veritas 11d

Hi Everybody;

I have HP EVA 4000 with 2HSV200 controller configured with 2 san switch with one HP FC TapeLibrary 2024 with 1 Ultrium drive.
The SAN storage server is windows 2003 on which symantec veritas 11d version is also installed. Whn I take inventory it gives me an error of 0x000820b library error device is busy.
I checked with Hpstorageworks diagnostic tape tools & it gave me resultof "Library at address 3/0.0.1 not reporting ready status (i/o exception (sence key:2, sence code: 0x048e))- may impact drive search

Actually in MY san storage server there is QL2300 FCHBA adapter connected to my SAN switch & the zoning is configured to access tape library. in the tape dignostic tool it gives me " device not accessable, cannot determine class driver, or open exclusively
1 REPLY 1
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Re: MSL2024 Library Ultrium drive detected but do not work in veritas 11d

Hi,

With respect to the LTT issue ... you need to stop RSM (Removable Storage service) and backup application before initializing to tool (it will resolve the 'device not accessable ....' error message).

0x048e translates to library is in sequential mode. Check if the issue persists if the library is in random mode.

Regards
Satya (LTT Team)