StoreEver Tape Storage
1752806 Members
5938 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSL2024 with a NetApp

Gene Fox

MSL2024 with a NetApp

Has anyone had luck connecting a MSL2024 with LTO-7 drives to a NetApp?  this is a FC direct connect.  I have set the drives to Loop mode per the HP instructions but the NetApp FC adapter will not come online.  LTO-5 and LTO-6 work fine.

5 REPLIES 5
Shaan_M
HPE Pro

Hello Gene,

Pelase verify if the MSL2024 is running on the Latest Firmware as HP recommends to have the latest FW running in MSL2024 for Supporting LTO7 Drives.

We have seen cases where MSL2024 with LTO 7 Drives working fine with NBU successfully.

Accept or Kudo

Dane_L
HPE Pro

What version of Netapp are you running?

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Dane_L
HPE Pro

Most likely it is not supported using a direct connection. I checked several of the recent Netapp OS versions and they do not support a direct connect configuration for LTO7 drives.

netapp lto7.png

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Shivam1
HPE Pro

Hello, 1. Min. Data ONTAP version for netapp to support LT0-7 is v8.2.4,please check the firmware of the data ONTAP. 2.Also raise a tape specific case with netapp. Please kudos if the response is relevant!!

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

juavalga

We have the same problem.... ONTAP 9.3 with HP LTO-7 FC direct connect. The NetApp has a SFP FC 8Gbps.

I try to connect via switch FC and the comunication LTO&NetApp is OK.

Any ideas to solve the direc connect?

Regards.