1751870 Members
5273 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL2024

exovatech
Advisor

Sure I can send the logs not a problem but I am wondering if the mechanism is not repairable would it make sense?

I will wait for your response before I send anything

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

If something in the drive load mechanism is broken that isn't a normal end user repairable part.  The entire drive assembly has to be replaced.  If the drive is out of warrenty an experienced tech sometimes can make repairs such as reattaching the pickup leader.  It is possible to damage the head reattaching a leader if it isn't done right so it isn't something an end user would normally do.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

exovatech
Advisor

Okay, I am not a regular end user and since everything looks to be fine mechanically

could you send me a quick diagram or tell me where to look  and I will look into this because it is out of warranty.

if not I will look into getting a quote.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

> From time to time software updates add security that breaks the posting and I have to bug them to fix it

This isn't going to happen, they were very specific that only pics be allowed.

Though the MF SW forum now allows general attachments.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-File-Attachment-Security-Policy-on-the-Hewlett/m-p/6884253

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

Sorry but I'm not able to provide any information on what to look for.  I'm not aware of any published guides on repair of the drive assembly, it is replaced as an assembly.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

exovatech
Advisor

Well It would appear that replacement is the only option at this point but thanks for your assistance thus far.