108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL6030 with 2*960 NSR only discovered one driver

SOLVED
Go to solution
Liu CN
Occasional Advisor

MSL6030 with 2*960 NSR only discovered one driver

Hi, i have a msl6030 with 2*960, one NSR E1200-320. On the frontpanel, it can find two drivers, with one's firmware version is g63w, the other one is g65w. When i logoned in NSR, it discovered "MSL6000" "lto-3 960" and "E1200-320" at sisi bus 0 (only one "lto-3 960"). Strangely, I couldn't find any device at sisi bus 1. I tried to replace the position of the drivers, then i found NSR only discovered driver at driver 0 position.
My cable configuration is:
NSR port 0 -> controller lower port -> controller upper port -> driver 0 upper port -> driver 0 lower port -> terminator;
NSR port 1 -> driver 1 upper port -> driver 1 lower port -> terminator.
I thought it may be caused by different version of the driver firmwares, but am still not sure. May it be? How could i deal with this problem? THK.
2 REPLIES 2
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL6030 with 2*960 NSR only discovered one driver

Hi,

You told that you swapped the drive positions and both drives are detecting on Scsi bus 0 when connected to NSR port 0.

Did you tried to change(or swap) the SCSI cable on NSR port 1 to Drive 1.
--This will confirm the cable functionality

To confirm the NSR fuctionality you can try connecting the cable of controller upper port --> drive 1 upper port. If it detects on the bus then it may be the NSR SCSI bus 1 issue.
Liu CN
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: MSL6030 with 2*960 NSR only discovered one driver

Thanks for your reply.

Finally it is sure that the problem is nothing to do with the firmware, but something with the SCSI transfer board. When I replaced the transfer board under drivers, NSR had found both drivers and MSL6030 worked good.:)