3977 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSL6060 LTO4 Fibre

Stefan Schlemmer
Occasional Advisor

MSL6060 LTO4 Fibre

Hi,

i have some problems with my MSL Library and the nsr. The fibre port on the nsr doesnt come online, goes only to "in_sync" on the san switch. I tried different sfp's, cables, san switch port, also another san switch, replaced the nsr, another slot in the msl, but all without success. The fibre port on the san switch doesnt come online . . .

Any idea?

Thanks.

Stefan
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Stefan,

Have you logged on to the NSR and looked at the status of the fibre port ?

You may well need to change its configuration to match that of your SAN switches...

Cheers,

Rob
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Hi Stefan,

U did not mention which OS Ur using in host end. Without concern HP support guys do not change NRS card (I mean any system H/W), because it will impact Ur entire environment.

First of all U have check Ur SAN switch â zoningâ configuration, Ur using HP tape library tools if is not then U jest download tape library tools check tape library firmware version & if possible then update the latest firmware, reboot the tape library.

If Ur using in HP-UX the U execute â ioscanâ then â insf â eâ

[Note:- Before firmware update please contact with Ur local HP support guy]

Thanks--Yaqub
I am a Customer Advocate!!!
Stefan Schlemmer
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

the port state on the nsr is "down". I tried different configurations (n_port, loop) on the san switch and the nsr, i also tried to direct connect the nsr to a host, but nothing happend. The nsr shows the fibre port as down. There is no patchpanel between the nsr and the san switch, only a 2m cable.

I do not think, that the used OS is relevant for any troubleshooting at this time (windows and esx is used), because the nsr did not log on to the switch . . .

Regards

Stefan
Stefan Schlemmer
Occasional Advisor

Problem solved.

Replaced the cable LC-LC 2m (62,5 µm) with a 2m LC-LC (50 µm) cable.

Regards

Stefan
Stefan Schlemmer
Occasional Advisor