8680 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Name of tapes in schedule.

luki364
Occasional Contributor

Name of tapes in schedule.

Hello

I am little confused in case of  giving the name of tapes. I have daily backup (I own HP DP 4.0) and tapes are automatically named as: Daily set 1, Daily set 2, and so on....When i had to erase tape( this situation take place when i put new freshly bought tape (or erase old tape)), it retained new name as Daily set 1:1, Daily set 2:1 and so on (of course not erased tape keep old name - Daily set 3, Daily set 4 and so on..). On next schedule day i have to insert tape Daily 1:1 (when i insert new freshly erased tape it wil get name Daily 1:2..).After that I have backup but the name of tape are really twisted :)

I would like to "reset" schedule job as new inserted tape retain the "normal" name -  Daily set 1, Daily set 2 (and of course on the next schedule day the require tape should be Daily set 1, not Daily set 1:1)

How and where do it?

I would be greatfull for any answer.

Best Regard

Łukasz

2 REPLIES 2
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

Re: Name of tapes in schedule.

Can you please confirm if this is regarding Data Protector Express or Data Protector?

Regards,

Sebastian

luki364
Occasional Contributor

Re: Name of tapes in schedule.

Hello,

Definitely we bought (BB117BA) Data Protector Express 4.0 Backup Server LTU.

So is it any differnce to solve this problem in this Data Protector Express or Data Protector ? (or maybe this situation dosn't  appear in Data Protector).

I  would like to specify my problem beacuse i didn't write it clear, this situation take place when i put new freshly bought tape (or erase old tape).!

Regards

Lukasz