1748246 Members
3734 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Need help changing master drive on MSL4048

Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: Need help changing master drive on MSL4048

The code I used won't help as it is out of date. I was working with an early unit that wasn't using session keys yet. I talked to the developer that worked on the Java web interface code and will include his response. I wasn't able to get a copy of the code as that developer has changed jobs and no longer has the code. The developer that has the code now is out all this week and next.

Developers response:
I can tell you how I did it. I used Wireshark and snooped the traffic between my laptop and the MSL and captured the login and GET/POST for each function that I wanted to replicate through my script. I then used Java's built in http client to send the appropriate GET/POST pages to the MSL. I did have some difficulty around the session tracking. You have to make sure and store the cookies that the MSL is setting. There are 3 I believe plus the session code, and send them along with all further communication to maintain the session. It looks like they have the cookies correct, but not the session key. I don't recall exactly now, but I believe there was some javascript around this session key.

Sorry this is so hard. I have taken note of this and we will consider providing a better method to do this in the future.