StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HP storage works backup

Highlighted

New HP storage works backup

I have just purchased a new HP storage works DAT 72 which I want to use to back up an external hard drive each day.

I would just like to stick to one tape and have that tape overwrite each day. This is because I am backing up back ups so I already have a system to restore in place.

The drive came with data protector express software but whatever I do it spits the tape out with an incorrect media message. Can anybody suggest the definitive way for me to set this up?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: New HP storage works backup

- download and run HP L & TT (Library and Tape Tools)
- run the diagnostics
- post the errora messages in any
Highlighted

Thanks, it passed all the tests - I think it is because the drive is looking for another "media" how do I re-write the media and start again. I have tried re-format but that doesn't help - I am now buying a new tape.

As I say I am not interested in rotation just a full back of an external USB drive every day over writing the previous day
Highlighted

Hope it is ok to suggest a solution to my own problem - a rummaged around a bit in data protector express and it works now. The key things was when setting up the back up job under "schedule" I set "schedule type" to "run repeatedly" and "rotation type" to "no rotation". I also put a new tape in the drive. Before I did this I always had the "wrong media" in the drive - but now it backs up fine - so far.