StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProLiant DL380 G2 and Win2K

Highlighted

ProLiant DL380 G2 and Win2K

I have a Compaq ProLiant DL380 G2 on which I want to load Windows 2000 Server. I have the 6 disks set up as RAID-5. Win2K cannot detect the disk, so I said "Yes" about having 3rd-party SCSI software. I tried to download an HP driver I found on your site, and extract its contents. But Win2K says file "TXTSETUP.OEM" was not found. What do I need to download to put on the diskette?
The G2 is a 2001-era server, so it must have run Win2K at one time. FYI, it loads Win2003 just fine, but I need Win2000 on this server.
What file(s) can I put on a diskette to make Win2K see the SCSI aray and use it?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant DL380 G2 and Win2K

Scott:

What version of Win2k are you trying to install?

Is it a version with a built in service pack?

The easiest thing to do would be to get the latest support SmartStart CD for the box, boot up with the SmartStart and do an assisted installation. This will automatically get you the drivers needed Windows to see the disk.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Highlighted

I am using Server 2000. It is just the basic Server, I think. I bought the disk on Amazon for about $45 or so. It is the original MS disk, but there is no paper manual with it. The CD just says 2000 Server.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Scott:

It is likely that you may have a CD that does not have the peroper drivers to set up Windows on the server.

One thing you can do is create a new CD with your original distribution and an integrated service pack. There are some simple utilities you can use to do this and the Service pack files have built in functionality to integrate it self into a Windows Distribution. If you need help, just ask.

The other thing you can do isget a Smart Start CD for the box and use that to set up the server. Afterwards, apply the service pack and latest supported PSP.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)