Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provision of direct storage spaces, step 3.5: Activate "Direct storage spaces"

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Provision of direct storage spaces, step 3.5: Activate "Direct storage spaces"

Good day,

referring to step 3.5: activating "direct storage spaces" here https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/windows-server/storage/storage-spaces/deploy-storage-spaces-direct I unfortunately have no progress (the System hangs at 27% progress) when activating "Direct storage spaces":

The two HPE ProLiants DL360e with HPE Modular Smart Array SC08e 2-ports Ext PCIe x8 SAS Host Bus Adapter (614988-B21) hang at 27% when Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct is switched on, the following message about the command (Enable-ClusterStorageSpacesDirect –CimSession <ClusterName >) remains and there is no progress (100%):

Waiting until SBL disks are surfaced
[oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo]

27% complete

See

ScreenshotScreenshot

I am currently using the HPE Modular Smart Array SC08e 2-ports Ext PCIe x8 SAS Host Bus Adapter (614988-B21) in each of the two HPE ProLiants DL360e to wire the HPE ProLiants DL360e to the HP StorageWorks P2000 enclosure.

Alternatively, I would have RAID controller cards (RAID) for the cabling, each with an HP Smart Array P421 / 1 GB FBWC 6 Gb SAS (631673-B21), but you should use SAS host bus adapters (SAS HBA), see https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/windows-server/storage/storage-spaces/storage-spaces-direct-hardware-requirements, so I therefore put one HPE Modular Smart in each of the two HPE ProLiants DL360e Array SC08e 2-ports Ext PCIe x8 SAS host bus adapter (614988-B21) and connected to the enclosure.

I currently do not find the latest firmware for Microsoft Windows 2016 Server for the HPE Modular Smart Array SC08e 2-ports Ext PCIe x8 SAS Host Bus Adapter (614988-B21) or which one should I use ?!

Alternatively, who else can tell me with which HBA it is possible to switch on Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct on the two HPE ProLiants DL360e with one (1 piece) HP StorageWorks 2000 enclosure with again 3 pieces of LFF HDDs?

Possibly. Thank you very much

DL