StoreEver Tape Storage
1753716 Members
4721 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Restoring Files to new location fails (Data Protector Express 3.5 SP1)

JAllan
Advisor

Restoring Files to new location fails (Data Protector Express 3.5 SP1)

I have a problem with the Restoring the contents of a disk to an new disk.

I get the error:
The following objects could not be moved successfully:

F:

Please select a valid target

I am using the Wizard ro create a Restore Specific Job.

I select the complete Drive that I wish to move (Drive D:) and then click the Move button to select where I want to restore them to in this case Drive F: but it will not accept it.

I am testing whether I would be able to restore the contents of one drive to a new drive. I have managed to move a single top level folder to the new drive and so I think I know that I'm doing roughly the right thing but when I try to move more than one top level folder or simply try to move the complete drive it throws the above error.
2 REPLIES 2
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Re: Restoring Files to new location fails (Data Protector Express 3.5 SP1)

You cannot select a drive letter to restore to another location. You have to sellect the files and folders at the root level and then it will work.

Strange behavior, I know, but that seems to be how it behaves.

DL
JAllan
Advisor

Re: Restoring Files to new location fails (Data Protector Express 3.5 SP1)

This appears to work provided you select a folder and destination as the root drive F:, then go and select the next folder and Drive F: again, etc etc until you have set up all of the folders moves you need - THEN run the restore. It's very disconcerting though that when you do this each folders gets moved across to the destination in the file selection view.

IMHO - It was a strange mind that designed the logic behind the DPE Interface!!!