cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script that starts backup of client when its becoming online

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Script that starts backup of client when its becoming online

Like in the subject I need script that starts backup client when the client become online. I would like to use it in Data Protector Express 3.5 sp2.

I need it to back up notebooks that became online. I cannot backup notebooks at specific hour because these clients aren't present in the company's network in any specific hour, sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't present.

Maybe someone already done it so I don't need to write it from the begining ;]

Thank you in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Script that starts backup of client when its becoming online

There is not an easy solution for this. Data Protector Express is really focused on servers and other systems that are generally always on the network.

An additional application you might want to look at specifically for this purpose is Data Protector Express for Notebooks. This application handles near continuous protection for the data files on laptops, allowing version protection while the user is not connected to the company network with automatic syncing when the user connects again.

It doesn't do full backup of the OS, etc. but focuses on just protecting the real user data files.

For more information go to http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/datapexp/pc/index.html