StoreEver Tape Storage
1752728 Members
5750 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

See No Restore Possibilities From Session Copies nor Media Copy

eric copenhagen

See No Restore Possibilities From Session Copies nor Media Copy

When I prompt for restore version, I do not see any reflection of my copies. Why not?

Background:

Original backup session: to LTO3 tape. It shows up as a restore version.

Copy Attempt One: I have run a copy of that session, also to LTO3 tape ( a different tape). I have the copy definition set so that its data protection was five weeks with catalog protection same as data protection.
It does not appear as a version I can restore from.

Copy Attempt Two: As an experiment, I did a media copy, also to a different tape, of the original backup's tape. It doesn't show up as having a restore version either.

Note: The restores mentioned above are filesystem restores. If you go to a session restore, the pane on the right says: This session does not contain valid restore objects.
4 REPLIES 4
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Re: See No Restore Possibilities From Session Copies nor Media Copy

We could help a bit better if we knew what backup and recovery application you were using.

DL
eric copenhagen

We could help a bit better if we knew what backup and recovery application you were using. DL

Whoops: under openview, under omniback, see data protector, product version A.05.50, internal build version DPWIN_00205,
Wing Commander

Hi
I also have this problem, if you or anyone offers a solution please let me know!!!
Working on trying to correct it myself at the moment, will let you know how I do.
Best regards
Ben
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

There is a data protector specific forum that is monitored more closely by DP experts than this one is. You might try your question there.

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=251&admit=109447627+1207862203719+28353475

DL