cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StorageTel L700 Library robot error

Highlighted

StorageTel L700 Library robot error

Hi All,

We've L700 tape library strangely we saw issues wherein the Hand assembly couldn't mount/un-mount medias on to tape drives, this library has LTO-2 drives.

We initialized it, reset flex cable and it worked for a day, yesterday we replaced the Hand assembly.
Strangely after replacement of hand assembly tape drives went missing in Symantec Netbackup > we had to remove them for netbackup configuration and re-add them.

I would appreciate if suggestions/guidance are provided related to this problem can any other issue occur or what pre-cautionary measures need to be followed.

regards,
Samir
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: StorageTel L700 Library robot error

As much as I appreciate the vote of confidence in HP, you're talking about a library made and sold by Sun/StorageTek. I would recommend that you place a call to StorageTek or post your problem on a StorageTek forum, where you'll be much more likely to get a response.

HP makes some great diagnostic and testing software to use with our tape drives and libraries (it's called HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools), but I have no idea what it does on other manufacturer's products.
--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
Highlighted

Re: StorageTel L700 Library robot error

But Thomas doesnt HP has SureStore 20/700 which is a similar library with only OEM change?