1755725 Members
2703 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

StorageTel L700 Library robot error

Samir Shaik

StorageTel L700 Library robot error

Hi All,

We've L700 tape library strangely we saw issues wherein the Hand assembly couldn't mount/un-mount medias on to tape drives, this library has LTO-2 drives.

We initialized it, reset flex cable and it worked for a day, yesterday we replaced the Hand assembly.
Strangely after replacement of hand assembly tape drives went missing in Symantec Netbackup > we had to remove them for netbackup configuration and re-add them.

I would appreciate if suggestions/guidance are provided related to this problem can any other issue occur or what pre-cautionary measures need to be followed.

regards,
Samir
2 REPLIES 2
thomasr
Respected Contributor

Re: StorageTel L700 Library robot error

As much as I appreciate the vote of confidence in HP, you're talking about a library made and sold by Sun/StorageTek. I would recommend that you place a call to StorageTek or post your problem on a StorageTek forum, where you'll be much more likely to get a response.

HP makes some great diagnostic and testing software to use with our tape drives and libraries (it's called HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools), but I have no idea what it does on other manufacturer's products.
--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence
Samir Shaik

Re: StorageTel L700 Library robot error

But Thomas doesnt HP has SureStore 20/700 which is a similar library with only OEM change?