StoreEver Tape Storage
1748267 Members
3784 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

StorageWorks C9264CB-VS80 Driver

Wirestu

StorageWorks C9264CB-VS80 Driver

I have a HP Tape Drive C9264CB-VS80. When I run the StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools the connectivity check, but it is unable to find a driver. The firmware version is 5E40 according to Backup Exec 12.

It is installed under W2003 Server x64. In device manager it shows up as a yellow question mark. Window recognizes it as a HP C926CB-VS80 SCSI Sequential Device but has no driver. Windows update does not find a driver.

A new tab shows up in device manager for a medium changer. Under the medium changer is a unknown medium changer.

There is no tab for tape storage.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the error message;

System Configuration Test :

No Tape Driver, So unable to determine the HBA Model information.
No Tape Driver, So unable to determine the HBA Model information.
However the Connectivity Test has passed.
And if all other tests have passed, then this HBA appears to work fine.
HBA compatibility information appears at:
www.hp.com/go/connect
No Tape Driver, So unable to determine the IRQ channel configured for this HBA
HP recommends using a dedicated IRQ channel.
No Tape Driver, So unable to determine the number of devices connnected to this HBA
There should not be more than 2 devices connected to the HBA.
HP recommends using a dedicated bus.

No WMI Information, So unable to determine the driver installed for this tape Drive.

Please check www.hp.com/go/connect for tape driver compatibility.

And verify that this tape drive has been installed properly, follow the steps sho

Goto /MyComputer/SystemProperties/Hardware/DeviceManager/Tape drives/' list.

Under this list, there should be an entry which corresponds to this drive, select it

- Then goto 'Properties/Driver/', and then verify that the recommended driver is installed

HP recommends the use of the correct HP tape driver.
3 REPLIES 3
Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Re: StorageWorks C9264CB-VS80 Driver

Hi,

First you have to install the device drivers for the Autoloader you have installed. Since you have Symentec Backup Exec, you are recommanded to use Symentec drivers for the device which is available at http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15047

If you need HP device drivers for this product, you will be able to find them at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=72872&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=327382&submit.y=3&submit.x=9тМй=en&cc=us

Hope this helps

Raj
Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
Wirestu

Thank you very much for responding. When I went to the HP link for the Windows 2003 Server x 64 I did not find any drivers. I only saw the link for Diagnostic and Firmware. Under diagnostic I saw the Storageworks Library and Tape tools, which I ran and all passed, but I did not see the drivers.

In the other tab, the firmware bundle, I also did not see the drivers.

Thanks,

Stu
hunt wornall

I'm in the same boat... no drivers anywhere for this specific model. is this a mistake on the HP web page? or are the drivers bundled in some other file?