108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Storageworks d2d housekeeping

SOLVED
Go to solution
vuorimi
Occasional Contributor

Storageworks d2d housekeeping

i like that hp people make storagework software upgrade that i can say when housekeeping goes and when defrag goes

big change can be that when the drivers are inactive "no tape in drives" then goes housekeeping and when the drives have tape in the housekeeping is stopped

my bigges problem is that housekeeping goes when one of my drives unloads tape and then all backup start to go very slow
i get only 5% load in 1GB network when housekeeping goes
4 REPLIES 4
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Storageworks d2d housekeeping

Vuorimi,

Currently housekeeping will become active on an item when it is closed.
For VT mode, when the virtual tape is unloaded from the virtual tape drive it becomes closed and then housekeeping with start on the virtual cartridge item.

By implementing best practices, customers can reduce the impact of housekeeping overlapping with their appliance workload.

However, for customers who would like more visibility of this process we are currently looking at introducing both housekeeping status metrics in the GUI and also a housekeeping window if customers want to restrict when this process occurs. These proposed firmwares changes are currently targetted for an late 2010 release.
vuorimi
Occasional Contributor

that is good to make housekeeping management
please place defrag also under management
then we can say when it goes
Rich Billard

when will the feature be available to choose when housekeeping runs?
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Richard

Housekeeping reporting and blackout window control via WebGUI will be available in the next software release for both G1 and G2 D2D products.

The expected general availability date for the new version is mid Ferbuary 2011, very soon.

Cheers,

Dave Dewar