StoreEver Tape Storage
1752790 Members
6019 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: storageworks ultrium 920 and SC11Xe Host Bus Adapter

storageworks ultrium 920 and SC11Xe Host Bus Adapter

I use W2k3 with backupexec. I connected my tape device ultrium 920 to the SC11Xe controller. With backupexec it stops after 2Gb of backup.When I start a backup from windows I get a event id 11 that says that the driver detected a controller error on \device\Raidport1. On the back of the server there is a connector on the system board but there is nothing on it.So there is nothing connected on the raid controller.What can be the problem? I changed already the controller SC11Xe and the tape device.On the tape device there is no termination connected.What can I do next?
3 REPLIES 3
D Wong
Regular Advisor

Hi LDEW:

I think you need a terminator on your tape device. If there is no terminator, your SCSI bus is then unterminated.
Jannie Hanekom
Advisor

Unfortunately a terminator is unlikely to solve your problem. Your problem seems to be quite common and has to do with the combination of the SC11Xe and Ultrium 920 drive.

I have personally seen this on more than one occasion, and you'll find plenty more references in these forums.

The only advice I can offer is to replace the SC11Xe adapter with a traditional PCI-X adapter, such as 374654-B21 or a trusty old Adaptec card.
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor