1751936 Members
4765 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Tape Leader hung out: StorageWorks Ultrium 232 Tape Drive DW064A

Thomas Lemke

Tape Leader hung out: StorageWorks Ultrium 232 Tape Drive DW064A

Hello,

the tape leader of my customers HP StorageWorks Ultrium 232 Tape Drive DW064A has been hung out.

The drive is out of HP warranty so I am looking for a service manual or instructions how to insert the tape leader in the right way.

In the past I did this allready for DLT drives but the Ultrium drive is quite different and I do not have an intact drive where I can take a look.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Thomas Lemke
2 REPLIES 2
Veram_
Frequent Advisor

Hi Thomas,

I am afraid this information ( I mean the internal view of the HP tape drive ) is a company secret and is prohibeted for the customers... or at least it is a secret until You uncover the drive :). However by such cases the only thing someone can do is the replacement of the drive or to leave it to some licensed repoman ... You will find plenty of them through google

I am sorry that I couldn't find some useful pic on the net

Best Regards

Richard Bickers
Trusted Contributor

Hi Thomas.

We don't recommend people take the lid off even for this sort of issue but since your drive is out of warranty it may not make too much difference.

We do have a document for helping users deal with stuck tapes. Take a look at this which covers your drive. You'll see a couple of photos at the end showing you how to wind back the leader - without taking the lid off.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00796950

Hope this helps.

Richard.
It's more interesting when it's gone wrong