cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to recover some data - Little knowledge of DP

Highlighted

Trying to recover some data - Little knowledge of DP

Hi all!

I've been tasked with trying to recover some data from an environment that existed here before me, and documentation is sadly lacking.

I'm utilising DP 6.0 on Windows 2003, and trying to recover data from a Lotus Domino system, also on Windows server 2003.

As far as I can make out, the original DP server and tape library are still intact, and I've been able to get the system to recognise that some of the tapes I've put in the library.
I'm struggling through trying to work out what data is actually contained on the tapes. I've set it to run an Import Catalog on them, and its churning slowly through that.
What I'm curious about is that the tapes are from mid 2006, but when I try and look at points in time I can restore Notes DB's from, it only lists before 2006 and a couple of dates at the end of 2006, and then some after that, nothing for the middle of the year when these tapes are from.
I'm not sure how to proceed about identifying if there is anything of worth on the tapes or just that they've dropped out of the internal database I guess?

Thanks in advance for any pointers anyone can offer.