4126 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ultrium 232 Tape LED blinking

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marc Vromans

Ultrium 232 Tape LED blinking

Our tape drive tries to mount the tape several times after inserting one. The tape then ejects and the tape LED starts blinking. I've powered the drive off overnight, tried two different tapes, and also restarted the driver using devcon with the same result. I have attached a L&TT support ticket. Please help. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Ultrium 232 Tape LED blinking

There is evidence of an error while loading the tape.
Try to disconnect the cable from the LTO, check from the front panel if there is dust or something inside that is damaged or if the sensors are full of dust, then try to load a new cartridge with the scsi cable disconnected from the host, and see if you can do it.
If this do not work, I think you will have to replace your unit
Santhosh D
Valued Contributor

Yes, Do make sure the Firmware is up2date because we have seen these issues getting resolved with the Firmware update also.

If its a Leader issue, then you may have to get the Tape Drive replaced.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

start LTT, when the scan is finished, go in the top bar and select File> get files from web, and you will be able to get from internet the latest fw for your drive.

once this is downloaded in your host, then select the drive and select the big button with Firmware and you will be able to updtae the drive
Marc Vromans

The tape drive is operating normally again. I disconnected the drive completely and inspected it for dust and thought it looked clean. I used some compressed air at a medium gentle pressure anyway to be certain it was dust free. I then connected the power and inserted a tape succussfully. I then ejected the tape, powered down, reconnnected scsi cable, got latest firmware and found that it was the same version already installed. I updated the firmare to the downloaded one anyway, then confirmed the tape still was being accepted successfully. Thank you for your prompt responses.