108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Ultrium 920 filling tape at 280GB of 282GB

SOLVED
Go to solution
Richard Bickers
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ultrium 920 filling tape at 280GB of 282GB

Do you still have those LTT tickets? The ones that said everything was OK but actually your drive was struggling.

They'll be very useful to us.

Just send anything you saved as *.lzt

Thanks.
It's more interesting when it's gone wrong
Tom Kretschmer
Frequent Advisor

I have same issues with HP 1/8 Autoloader G2 and Ultrium 920 Drive. On old tapes I can save 410GB, on new formated tapes only up to 300GB. Thought it could be a blocksize and segmentsize issue. Will check and make an Hardware support ticket.
Tom Kretschmer
Frequent Advisor

OK, I can confirm that changing the LTO3 drive will solve the problem. Now my 1/8 Autoloader G2 can use full tape capacity. Thank you, for solving my backup problems!

If you're running Windows 2003/2008 and are using LTO 3 or later, then you should be able to make use of HP TapeAssure which is coming out in April. It uses LTT to monitor your drives and gives you early warnings along with performance and utilisation information. And it's free.

Will this work with Windows x64? Will they come out with a version for workgroups? The new tape drive is working great. It is faster than before. I was trying to find out if I could get an extended warranty on it. None of the numbers on it match up to find out if I can get an extended warranty to cover 1 or more years more.

Serial Number: HU1073659D
Product Number: AG710A

Can I get an extended next day warranty?
Richard Bickers
Trusted Contributor

HP TapeAssure is supported on 2003 & 2008 for 32/64 bit and IA64 bit platforms. Nothing else for now I'm afraid - but that should be the sweet spot.

Next release we're targetting XP, Vista, 2008 R2. Not sure how that relates to x64 or Workgroups which I thought was a very old version... Can you explain?

TapeAssure code is on it's way. Sitll should be in April. Check http://www.hp.com/go/tapeassure for a link when available.
It's more interesting when it's gone wrong