1752590 Members
2853 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Ultrium 920 New Tape problem

Antal_Pal
Occasional Advisor

New situation. My friend managed to use the tapes after he erased them. I didn't try this because I never had to erase a brand new tape before using it, but it looks like this helps. Again these tapes wasn't used before they arrived sealed in the original box.

Anyway please check my latest report file maybe my drive has some issues and I don't want to compromise my archive backups using a bad device.

Anyway it looks like the problem is somehow  solved.

Thank you

Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

If the tapes give you any more trouble the appropriate process for returning tapes is to call HP and get them exchanged under warranty so we can track the issue along with the returned tapes and perform the proper FA.  If the tapes are returned to the dealer it is pretty likely that they won't get back to HP or if they do there won't be any information with them.

If you have any more issues, pull a few more logs so we have some data that would help us to get an idea what the issue is and you could point the call center agent to this thread to help simplify that process.  There is a media assessment test in the L&TT tool and running that on a couple of the tapes that you are having problems with would be a big help.