1751975 Members
4579 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade to Data Protector Express SSE 4.0

LucaP.EOS
Occasional Advisor

Upgrade to Data Protector Express SSE 4.0

I have a HP Ultrium 448, with DPE SSE 3.5 SP2.
My OS is Windows 2008 and is not compatible with 3.5 version.
I downloaded new 4.0 version from hp web site.

When I tried to upgrade and I enter my license key, but this message appear:
"The license has been created for a different versione of Data Protector Express. If this key worked with a previuos version of Data Protector Express, please contact sales to purchase an update key".

How can I receive an update key?

Best regards,
Luca Passioni
3 REPLIES 3
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

Need to buy part number BB117BV

For existing owners of Data Protector Express 3.x Backup Server acquired by purchasing Data Protector Express Backup Server (BB117AA, BB117AE), upgrading from Data Protector Express Single Server Edition (BB117AT, BB117ET, AE471AM, BB117SB), upgrading from Data Protector Express ProLiant Edition (BB117AP) or purchasing a competitive upgrade to Data Protector Express (BB117AC, BB117EC).

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/MiddleFrame.asp?page=config&ProductLineId=450&FamilyId=2249&BaseId=26933&oi=E9CED&BEID=19701&SBLID=

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles
Ian-Blatchford

You are correct that the Data Protector Express Single Server Edition 3.5 SP2 license key is not compatible with Data Protector Express Single Server Edition 4.0 software.

As is clearly stated in all tape drive literature: Data Protector Express Single Server Edition is included ├в free├в with StorageWorks tape drives and has limited HP support. That support does not include version upgrades. In other words, there is no version upgrade path for Data Protector Express Single Server Edition. If a customer wants to move from Data Protector Express Single Server Edition 3.5 to version 4.0 they first need to upgrade to Data Protector Express. This is done by purchasing part number: BB117BT (Data Protector Express 4.0 Upgrade from Data Protector Express Single Server Edition).

That said, if you email me directly with a few more details, such as when you purchased the tape drive, I'll see what we can do to sort this situation out.
TapeDrive Killer 1 2
Trusted Contributor

I was wrong sorry Ian is right Im sorry here is all info you need to know.

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/ERC/downloads/4AA0-7937ENW.pdf

Pablo Alvarado Siles
Pablo Alv Siles