4691 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

V53 Firmware for SDLT600 Tape drive

MICHAE1
Occasional Advisor

V53 Firmware for SDLT600 Tape drive

Hi All,

does anyone know where i can download the latest firmware for the HP Storage works SDLT600 Tape drive, the one on the HP website is V41, i want the V53 version. Tried the quantum site too, without any luck.

Many Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Efrain Valencia
Valued Contributor

Re: V53 Firmware for SDLT600 Tape drive

Hello Micheal

V41 is the latest and greatest for the SDLT600.

There is a *very* old V52 for older DLT drives but that would be the "closest number" available.

You are already at the latest.

Hope this helped
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It is recommended that you use HP's Library and Tape Tools for HP Firmware updates.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=406731&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=406729&prodTypeId=12169

However, the Quantum site has V53 and for 3 different OS platforms:

http://www.quantum.com/ServiceandSupport/SoftwareandDocumentationDownloads/SDLT600/Index.aspx

Click on the Diagnostics Tab and you'll see the DFU images there.

Rgds,

MICHAE1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Many thanks for your replies. I tried Quantum, but they said not to use their version unless the drive is bagded as Quantum. The underlying reason i wanted to upgrade the firmware is that the drive is ejecting the tape when it gets to around 300 GB, the tape should hold a lot more with compression (SDLT2). I am using Backup Exec and it is set to use hardware compression, if available, if not software compression (i have checked the tick boxes to use hardware compression). I am using the BUE drivers, as recommended by Symantec, so i am guessing it is an issue with either the Firmware, Drivers or the drive could perhaps be faulty, which i don't think is the case as it backs up fine up until 300GB.
I have set it up to use just software compression tonight, so i will just have to wait and see.
Any idea's?
Many Thanks for you help Guys.
cnb
Honored Contributor