StoreEver Tape Storage
1748169 Members
4046 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Verify media in DPExpress. Full 8 tape autoloader job...?

Henrik Cednert
Occasional Advisor

Verify media in DPExpress. Full 8 tape autoloader job...?

trying to get a verify to go through all tapes used in a job. But seems like it's only looking at the last tape. What's up with that? How do i get the DPExpress to load all tapes and verify them all.

I had full verify on the job but something happened when it was supposed to verify so it said the autoloader went offline and stopped. So need to run a manual verify.
6 REPLIES 6
Flyin'High
Occasional Advisor

I believe it's smart enough to pass all tapes in reverse.
But i am just a user like you
Henrik Cednert
Occasional Advisor

But the problem is that it stops after the first, well the last tape. And it says that the verify job is only 146GB... So for some reason it only scans the last tape of the backup job. The whole job spanned over nine tapes and 6.9TB or something.
Flyin'High
Occasional Advisor

No "insert media" window? Mine had a pause prompt with both "Continue" and "Cancel" options (modal over the job, non-modal over DP), as i remember, but i have no autochanger.

Henrik Cednert
Occasional Advisor

Nope.. Nothing like that. It takes the last take and he think that is all there is.
Flyin'High
Occasional Advisor

I have only idea to check error log with "Device - Diagnostics" or System Events.

Maybe the device didn't changed the tape as your software expected...
Henrik Cednert
Occasional Advisor

WEll... That's the thing and why I posted this. There ae no errors. It doesn't seem to expect anything else then the last tape used for the job. So the app is all happy about it. I almost get the feeling that it ain't possible to verify all tapes that has been used for a job in an autoloader. There are more stuffs in Yosemi... Sorry, DiskProtector, that kinda points at the app beeing more for stand alone drives even though there's support for autoloaders and libraries...