StoreEver Tape Storage
1752518 Members
5087 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where to download HP Ultrium 1-SCSI LTO drivers??

Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Where to download HP Ultrium 1-SCSI LTO drivers??

We are getting occasional Error 9 messages after BEWS 12.0 backups, like this:
Event Description: The device, \Device\Scsi\adpu160m2, did not respond within the timeout period.
My understanding is that updating the drivers may help, or that the tape drive may be getting old (it will be five (5) this fall).
Current version appears to be 1.0.5.2, dated 9/25/2007.
I could not find anything on HP's site...
Thank you, Tom
8 REPLIES 8
Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

LTT shows its firmware revision as N26D, I don't know if this is helpful.
I ran the 8.00 firmware CD earlier this year on this server and I don't recall it changing anything with the tape drive.
Thank you, Tom
meloni
Honored Contributor

1.0.5.2 should be the latest driver, but there is a new fw you can upgrade from LTT, N27D and it fix some communication corner issue.
The error you see is a time out, it may be due to several problems, you may run LTT and diagnose your drive in order to see if the problem is comming from the HW or may be from some old/defective tapes, that may need time to recover damamged data
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Is there someplace on HP's site where I can downlaod the N27D firmware??

The HP LTT software I have doesn't appear to offer any provision for updating firmware etc.

Thank you, Tom
meloni
Honored Contributor

start LTT, when the scan is finished, go in the top bar and select File> get files from web, and you will be able to get from internet the latest fw for your drive.

once this is downloaded in your host, then select the drive and select the big button with Firmware and you will be able to updtae the drive
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Thank you for explaining how to download the firmware...
However, for HP Ultrium-1 SCSI, which we have, I found several firmwares listed.
Can you offer any suggestion of which one I should use?? Or where I can find out which firmware(s) is applicable to our particular tape drive??
Thank you, Tom
meloni
Honored Contributor

LTT is smart enouth to manage the right FW for the device you have, just start the file download form the host where the drive is connected and in the windows it will open you have the option to select for download "For devices on this system" and Show latest "firware only" This will download only the latest FW for your device.
When you will select the device and the FW upgrade button, the tool will only propose the FW for you your device if available
Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Got it, thank you...It took me a while to figure out that I needed to stop all the Backup Exec services etc.

Thank you, Tom
meloni
Honored Contributor

yes you are right, for FW upgrade you should have exclusive access to the device so backup application and RSM as well should be stopped