cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cable with HP 1760 LTO4 SAS External

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Which cable with HP 1760 LTO4 SAS External

I just bought an HP 1760 LTO4 SAS External from a wholesaler. I know the external connector is an SFF-8088 port. Supposedly the kit has a cable in it. Is it an SFF-8088 to SFF-8088 cable ? or what is it exactly ?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Which cable with HP 1760 LTO4 SAS External

You've probably figured it out by now anyway, but I believe it would have been an SFF-8088 to SFF-8470 (infiniband). This is what came with our newly purchased G2 1/8 autoloader, and we had to purchase a seperate SFF-8088 to SFF-8088 cable to use with it.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Which cable with HP 1760 LTO4 SAS External

Thanks for the info.

Yes I found out eventually that you are correct.

There was no reply on this forum from anyone. I expected HP Support to answer to no avail. So I called the HP 800 number on 5/11 and it was answered by the Philipines Call Center. They gave me an incorrect answer and said the kit contained an SFF-8088 to SFF-8088 cable.

After the 1760 kit arrived, I wasted another week, waiting for an SFF-8088 to SFF-8088 cable bought on eBay.

Why HP does not read and answer questions on this form that it setup for support is pretty stupid to me. What is the purpose of this forum, to get stuff working, or to stave off customers so that HP Support Staff has less work and can take more breaks ?

The call center in the Philipines which I called should not give false information, that's just plain poor management.