5688 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SN2100M and Nimble

sstanton
Occasional Contributor

SN2100M and Nimble

Hello. 

I've posted this in the Nimble forum as well, but thought it might be a good idea to post here too. 

I'm looking at implementing Nimble HF20's, but trying to establish the best way to connect the heads to SN2100M's.  SN2100M's have 16 QSFP ports. 

I was wondering if the 10GbE Optical ports can have the SFP+ removed so that I can use QSFP+ to 4x10Gb SFP+ AOC from SN2100M to Nimble.. Not keen on wasting ports by using Base-T and the QSFP+ to SFP+ adapter. 

Can I remove the existing 10GbE Optical SFP's in the head of the Nimble? Is that even the best way to do it? 

Assitance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Steve.

2 REPLIES 2
NimaG
HPE Pro

Hello Steve,

From the SN2100M perspective, Ethernet port options are explained in Chapter 5 of the User manual:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=1010292363&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00027007en_us

I see that you have posted this query in the Nimble community forum as well. They would share best practices for GbE connectivity on HF20.

Please get back for any further information you may need.

I work for HPE

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor