7110 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Storeonce B6200 quick restore issue

Paulskee
Visitor

HPE Storeonce B6200 quick restore issue

Hi

We are currently having problems after doing a Quick Restore on the Storeonce B6200 which during the initial setup an error comes up with "wrong number of nics" then "failed to assign address to internal NICs".

I logged a call with HPE but they wanted to escalate to the installation team. I wanted to redownload the QR ISO image but its currently not available on HPE site. https://myenterpriselicense.hpe.com/cwp-ui/free-software/MULTINODE

If someone knows about this error, or has another link the QR software im after that would be great.

Thanks

P

3 REPLIES 3
chip73
Advisor

Re: HPE Storeonce B6200 quick restore issue

Paulskee,

I have seen this error before, it seems to be a driver issue on the internal NIC.

The workaround was to do a cold boot, with remove the power cords for a few minutes to make sure the power is completely flushed from the node, then try the QR again. What is the code you are trying to QR? 

Chip

Paulskee
Visitor

Thanks Chip. I have tried number of times to reinstall the QR but still the same issue, even with a full cold boot.

We purchased the B6200 2nd hand and the previous owner did a full wipe on the hosts. So trying to install the QR to get it back up and working.

The image name im using is HPE_StoreOnce_B6200_Backup_system_Quick_Restore_Image_v3.13.9_P9L02-10617.iso

But I feel like this ISO image is missing drivers or something, or do I need a SPP to reinstall the drivers.

P

chip73
Advisor

I don't recommend using the SPP as it will install drivers and FW that is not supported by StoreOnce.

The ISO file should have all the files needed. Is is possible to have a real hardware problem. Maybe an AHS log from that node will help.

I am assuming you tried to QR the node1. Only as a test, have you tried to QR the node2 first and see if you hit the same issue?

It is good to have a support case open at this point.

Chip