StoreOnce Backup Storage
1753556 Members
5448 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Storeonce FC Catalyst with Data Protector 10.5 media server - FC catalyst accessibility

SOLVED
Go to solution
A.W.R
Frequent Advisor

HPE Storeonce FC Catalyst with Data Protector 10.5 media server - FC catalyst accessibility

HI,

We are trying to set up a Storeonce FC catalyst store to be accessed by an HPE Data Protector 10.5 media server on Microsoft Windows 2016 standard edition. The Storeonce has IP Catalyst stores, and we can access these from the media server. The media server is an HPE DL360 Gen 10 server with an SN1100Q DP 16Gb/sec FC HBA.

The Media server and HPE Storeonce are connected to the same FC SAN switches, and I can access the SAN from the media server. We have zoned the SAN with the Storeonce and media server in the same zone.

Data Protector does not detect any FC Catalyst stores.

If anybody can advise some debugging tips on how to resolve this issue it would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
shanmuhanandam
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Storeonce FC Catalyst with Data Protector 10.5 media server - FC catalyst accessibility

Hi Andrew,

I beleive you checked the compatiblity matrix using SPOCK website. 

https://h20272.www2.hpe.com/SPOCK/Pages/spock2Html.aspx?htmlFile=hw_storeonce.html&lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=117135_SPOCK_PRO_HPE

if the hardwares are compatible, then first step is to check the windows device manager, and you should be able to see all the catalyst devices under Other devices section. 

if this is successful, then you can add the COFC devices to your DP, using COFC-ID.

Please post the error messages to help you in better way, 

Regards,

Shan. 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

A.W.R
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: HPE Storeonce FC Catalyst with Data Protector 10.5 media server - FC catalyst accessibility

`THank you for your response. We did resolve the issue. It was a zoning issue.