StoreVirtual Storage
1752590 Members
2838 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can't login to management Group

tpezet

Can't login to management Group

I have a P4500.  I changed the jumbo frame setting for the modules.  I can still ping all 4 modules OK but now cannot login to the management group via the CMC.  The VIP for the cluster appears to have been lost.

in the CMC it can see all the systems. 

When I try to login to the management group it just shows "waiting for version from management group SP-NAS--MGMNT1"..  After a few minutes it says  I was logged out of the server.  When I start the CMC it asks me to login but the dialog box lists the storage server, not the management group.

the message that appears after a minute is the storage system 192.168.x.x running a manager has disconnected.  The management group TCP connection timed out after 60 seconds.  You will be logged out.

I tried calling HP support but it is after hours in Australia.   I would appreciate any help to get my system contactable again.  

I am running CMC v9.0

Moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) to HP StoreVirtual / HP LeftHand Storage

5 REPLIES 5
rogeruk
Visitor

Hello tpezet

I know this was over a month ago, but can you remember what you had to do to recover from this error? The system I'm administering hasn't changed but but we're receiving the same error.

Thanks

amonostori

I am now having the same problem on multiple machines.  I was able to get in on one of them, but not the rest.  Everything was fine on Friday but not today on Monday.

WalterJr

I rebooted the machine running the CMC and was then able to log in.  I was also recieving the error that it was unable to log into the management group and that it timed out.

Rebooting the machine running the CMC worked for me.

GilPhilbert
Advisor

I experienced the same issue after a P4000 upgrade - a new node was added to an existing Management Group and a FOM was removed.

The machine with the CMC showed just the warning message, but logged in fine and everything was accessible.

Rebooting the machine running the CMC solved the issue and the error message went away.

Interestingly, the upgrade only involved one management group, but the CMC showed the same error for a second management group that hadn't changed.

AlArriola

I had the same problem in a P4500, and it was solved stopping the process javaw.exe in the server where the CMC was running. I had the CMC stop, but the javaw.exe was still running, so I killed it.

After doing that, start the CMC and login as usual was ok.