StoreVirtual Storage
1752739 Members
5580 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Does P4000 support Thin Reclamation/SCSI UNMAP?

silus
Advisor

Does P4000 support Thin Reclamation/SCSI UNMAP?

Hi,

Does the current version of SAN IQ support thin reclamation/SCSI UNMAP with vSphere 5?

I have searched and the last answer I could find was some time ago and at that point it did not support it.

Has the situation changed or is it still unsupported?

thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Gediminas Vilutis
Frequent Advisor

No, it is not supported in current version of SAN/IQ. I heard rumours that support is planed in future versions...

Gediminas

David_Tocker
Regular Advisor

Sources? AFAIK SMI-S and -perhaps- dedupe in ver 10, I have heard of; *nothing* about thin reclaimation. Does not seem likely any time soon.
Regards.

David Tocker
Gediminas Vilutis
Frequent Advisor

NDA.... :(

SCSI Unmap not in version 10 for sure. There is no plans for zero block detection/thin reclamation or anything similar.

Gediminas

Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Hi,

For P4000 issues refer to the HP Guided Troubleshooting tree.

Link: http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=4118659

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!
Northwoods
Frequent Advisor

From what has been posted officially SAN I/Q 10 adds support for Windows Server 2012, the same capatibility post also puts a December timeframe for the "patch". HP generally likes major versions to be announced at trade shows so I would assume it would be announced with the full feature set at HP Discover.

The specific SCSI T10 (UNMAP) feature is unknown. Talk to your HP sales guys via a NDA session and they can tell you what should....then again the "it will have this" isn't true 100% of the time either at which point take any NDA session as a weather forcast... nothing more, nothing less.

I was actually hoping when they re-named the VSA they were going to release a code update with some new features but I guess they like dancing the line of "that's 3Par's area".