3745 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EID_RECLAMATION_THRESHOLD_STATUS_SOFT E00020401

Server-Support
Super Advisor

EID_RECLAMATION_THRESHOLD_STATUS_SOFT E00020401

People,

I'm looking for any explanation or confirmation of whether the below alarm is safe to ignore or this is not safe for me to use the provisioned LUN as my Production VMware VMFS LUN ?

Event: EID_RECLAMATION_THRESHOLD_STATUS_SOFT E00020401
Severity: Warning
Component: SAN/iQ
Object Type: Cluster

The cluster 'PROD.CLUSTER.2.1' is becoming full. The cluster 'PROD.CLUSTER.2.1' Space Reclamation value is at 94.13% of capacity. This value exceeds 90.00%. When the cluster exceeds the Space Reclamation limit, the application writes to thinly provisioned volumes in this cluster may fail, and other tasks that require cluster space may be impacted. Some actions to reduce capacity utilization on the SAN are to delete volumes and snapshots, reduce snapshot retention, add nodes to the storage cluster, use thinly provisioned volumes, move volumes to other clusters, etc.

This is the status that shows there is still about 200GB+ safeguard in case the LUN is inaccessible when the VMFS LUN is used up to 11.5 TB.

P4300 G2 LUNP4300 G2 LUN

Any help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Best regards,
4 REPLIES 4
Assen
HPE Pro

Re: EID_RECLAMATION_THRESHOLD_STATUS_SOFT E00020401

Hi,

if you are using space reclamation, it is not safe to ignore the warning. As of screenshot it does not seem that you have

thin provisioned LUNs, for which space reclamation would make sence.

The issue would come up, if you have space reclamation enabled with thin provisioned LUNs and the Cluster Utilization

becomes more than 95%. Than the Luns will become RO.

The only way of fixing this is to free up space by deleting LUNs or call support to change the threshhold, which is not trivial,

as all the iscsi sessions to the Storevirtual have to be terminated and stopped, so the threshhold could be modified.

Hope this helps.

I am an HPE employee - HPE StoreVirtual Support 

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Server-Support
Super Advisor

How do I check if the space reclamation is running or configured on this LUN or the entire Nodes ?
Best regards,
Assen
HPE Pro

Check the MG Details.

https://vmfocus.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/space-reclaimation-011.png

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Great,

I never knew about it.

I guess that's the reason why in my other Storage Array, the thin LUN VMFS was 94% full and next day I know, the LUN was disconnected all in a sudden even though there is reported 1.2 TB free on the VMware level.

So what's the consequence if I run it off during the business hours ?

Is there any impact with the LUN that is 94% full ?
Best regards,