4304 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP CMC connection to FTP site drops out

ITJoel
Occasional Visitor

HP CMC connection to FTP site drops out

Hello all, 

I am having trouble downloading patches from the HP FTP site (ftp.hp.com/pub/hp_LeftHandOS/) from my HP CMC (version 12.5). I get error "cannot connect to the ftp server your proxy settings may be invalid" although I'm not using a proxy server. The error is sporadic, and at times I can download some patches, but it never finishes. Which results in me not being able to install them. 

I have tried plenty of suggestions. Such as... removing all files from the CMC download folder and restarting the download of all patches. Checking the upgrades.xml file to make sure all dowload urls are correct. I have temporarily disabled the firewall on that server. Also, I have tried switching the download URL to http instead of FTP. But nothing has resolved my issue. 

Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
ITJoel
Occasional Visitor

An update on this issue....

I have gone the route of downloading all updates directly from the HP FTP site using an FTP client. They have been placed in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\P4000\UI\downloads" directory.

The problem that I am having now, is when selecting to Use Local Media I browse out to the directory above and it does not display any of the files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Jason R. Kettler
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue.  I tried moving the upgrades.xml file from a functional CMC but it only worked for a second. Downgraded to CMC 12.0 and it has the same issue. Did you find a fix?

Hentai_Warrior
Frequent Visitor

A little bit late but maybe is useful for somebody else, you only need to upgrade to the latest CMC version (12.7) and that's it.

You've to love computers.